WordPress Plugin Smart GEO GMap
Note: You must enable Billing on the Google Cloud in order to use Google Map correctly.
The demo example shows the city parks of Amsterdam and the public wi-fi in Rome. Below the links to the open data I used:
- Gemeente Amsterdam City Parks
- Amsterdam neighborhoods
- Municipi di Roma Capitale
- Wi-fi pubblico a Roma (2012)
How does it work?
Smart GEO GMap is a free WordPress map plugin that provides an easy way to integrate a Google Map on WP Page/Post using GeoJSON via an easy shortcode. It was built to allow final users to integrate a Google map on their pages or posts. Moreover, the plugin would have to provide a simple way to show custom data based on the GeoJson format. Final users are allowed to upload unlimited GEO JSON files for encoding a variety of geographic data structures and showing and drawing boundaries, shapes, markers, and info windows (tooltips) on the map. API Key from Google Maps Platform
- Unlimited GEOJSON files upload: In other words feel free to draw your boundaries, shapes, add markers and tooltips on the map
- Snazzy Maps Skins: In addition to your data, a bit of color for your map
- One map per site: For instance draw the boundaries of your delivery business
- Unlimited markers: Use open data to pin on your map unlimited markers
- Marker info window (marker tooltips): For instance, you can pin your stores on the map and decorate them with the specific store info
- Coordinates: 3 center area controls: Let your users free to jump from one point to another on the Globe
- Zoom: world, landmass/continent, city, streets, buildings: Choose your starting zoom
- Responsive layout
- Full-screen map
- Change event type on tooltip: Choose how the user can open the infoWindows
- WordPress Backend Compliant
WordPress compatibility: > 4.8, tested up to WordPress 5.5.3
What is GeoJSON?
GeoJSON is a format for encoding a variety of geographic data structures. Take a look at the documentation.
Snazzy Maps help developers and designers match the Google Map on their website with their website’s theme. Smart Geo GMap allows you to make your map funny: Upload a Snazzy file to stylize the map.
Google API Keys
Based on Google Map, the plugin require a Google API Key, this step is mandatory:
Enable Google Billing Account
You must enable Billing on the Google Cloud in order to use Google Map correctly. This step is required.
Curious about other plugins? Check the plugin page.